LDPC Satellite Modem
The Advanced Satellite Modem builds on Comtech EF Data’s legacy of providing the most efficient satellite modems. It is the first modem to combine advanced Forward Error Correction (FEC) such as VersaFEC and Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) codes with the revolutionary DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression, allowing for maximum savings under all conditions.
This combination of advanced technologies enables multi-dimensional optimization, allowing satellite communications users to:
- • Minimize operating expenses (OPEX)
- • Maximize throughput without using additional transponder resources
- • Maximize availability (margin) without using additional transponder resources
- • Minimize capital expenses (CAPEX) by allowing a smaller BUC/HPA and/or antenna
- • Or, a combination to meet specific business needs